Ready to find out more?
CREW was developed to provide adults with support services in the area of executive functioning and social skills, while they embark on life's next big adventure, ADULTHOOD!
The CREW program is geared towards students enrolled in college or working on career paths. It is our goal to ensure that this transition is both smooth and supported. The program enables our staff to scaffold the student toward a more independent lifestyle and assist students in reaching their personal goals.
CREW MISSION: To ensure that our young adults have the skills, confidence and resources required for effective problem solving and life decisions.
WHAT WE DO: The CREW staff works with participants to practice the skills required for common problem solving when they encounter unexpected bumps in the road. Participants are taught how to assess difficult situations, come up with practical solutions and feel confidence going about their everyday lives. It is specially designed to support adults who may want to consider transitioning to independent living or to provide them with greater levels of independence at home with other family members.
CREW Option 1
SOCIAL EMOTIONAL BUILDING YOUR CREW $200 PER MONTH
- Adulting at home
- Benefits of family
- From my parents'/siblings' point of view
- Effective communication as an adult
- What do you need to know as an adult
- Creating a budget and managing money
- Local and community travel
- The home you live in, home repairs and domestic chores
- Taking care of your needs, self-advocacy
- Shopping for groceries and personal items
- Exercise/health and hygiene-personal
- Jobs vs careers
- Extracurricular activities
- Community skills from day trips to overnight
THIS CREW SOCIAL GROUP WILL MEET ON:
Monday & Wednesday: 4:00-6:00pm
and Fridays: 4:00-8:00pm
1st and 3rd Fridays are Community Nights Out
Students will pay their own way.
CREW Option 2
COLLEGE SUCCESS PLUS: $250 PER MONTH
- Students should be enrolled part-time at a college. They would attend the CREW lab either daily, on a routine schedule, or virtually
- Tutoring and intensive executive functioning skills will be implemented and monitored, while the student adjusts to the new learning environment
- Topics will focus on academic responsibility
THIS CREW GROUP WILL MEET ON CAMPUS IN THE CREW LAB:
Monday through Thursday: 2:00-5:00pm